Saturday, October 17, 2009

International Adoption Clinic

Today my mom and I attended a day-long workshop on "The Joys of International Adoption". We are so fortunate to have an international adoption clinic at Children's Hospital that ministers to the whole child once we come home. They will be our source for answers when we have questions... they will reassure us when we are in doubt... they are going to be an enormous lifeline during this journey of adopting a child from another race than our own. The staff at the clinic is awesome and I am so thankful to know they will help us. Again, as I do many days, found myself worried at the thought that our little baby girl is laying in an orphanage bed and hasn't been held not once today. It is a very unsettling feeling and my only source of comfort is prayer right now. So, if you are reading this... please pray for our sweet little Mia... pray that she had enough to eat today, that she is warm and dry, that she felt a loving touch from a caregiver. Pray that she is comforted from angels above when she is lonely. My heart hurts... I can hardly wait until we can bring her home to be with us. May the time go quickly.

"I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live." Psalms 116: 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment