Friday, November 5, 2010

The Ladybug




I thought I needed to post a few more pics of the little ladybug. Choosing a costume for Halloween was a challenge because Mia is so tiny. The costumes that would fit her were made for infants, so I resorted to making one myself. I wanted her to be a ladybug, so I took what I liked from several costumes I had seen and combined them into one look. I made the tutu skirt and the wings from red tule that I bought at Hobby Lobby on the little spools. The dots are made of stiff black felt that I glittered. The headband is made from sequined elastic and I attached a fancy bow I already had. It was fun and easy to make and was just what I had imagined. I lucked up and found little red sequined shoes at Wal-Mart along with the black turtleneck and leggings. Then, Voila, the ladybug suit was complete. Mia's favorite part of the ensemble was the makeup... she loves red lipstick. I'm afraid we have quite the little diva on our hands...

Much love,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley! I just found your blog from Jennifer's :) My husband and I were at your table at the Lifeline banquet.

    Your little ladybug is BEAUTIFUL and her costume is so sweet! You did a great job!

    I enjoyed talking to you on Monday and I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog :)

    ReplyDelete