Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chinese New Year 2011

So, we decided to check out the Chinese New Year Festival in Birmingham on Saturday. It was interesting, to say the least. There were lots of acts and we only made it until intermission, as Mia was getting tired and restless. Mia really enjoyed one particular performance, but I couldn't describe it to you now. I was getting hungry... LOL... Anyways, we saw several other families that we knew there from our adoption agency and other families that were encouragers during our "waiting" process for Mia. I enjoyed seeing so many Chinese families that obviously live in the Birmingham area. I noticed several small babies and it made me wonder what my baby girl must have looked like at that young age. It made me sad to realize that I had missed that stage of her life, but grateful that I have her now. She is really giving us a run for our money right now. Sister has begun to throw what I like to call "hissy" fits. I think the correct terminology would be "tantrums". She, like most all two-year olds, wants to be in control and for some reason mealtime triggers an urge to dictate where, how, and what she eats. She really prefers to sit in my lap, and inevitably she has to be removed from the table for a few minutes to get her calm. I know this is a phase... this isn't my first rodeo with toddlers. But this realization does not make it any less stressful. I wanted to post some pics from our day. Have a good week, everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment