Friday, March 26, 2010

San Francisco





Well.. I'm back everybody. I know that my blogging has fallen very behind! It has been a whirlwind of a month. I left home on February 21 for San Francisco to work for two weeks. I am a field-based trainer and I went out there to serve as a class advisor for a group of newly hired reps. I had a great time, but it was really hard to be away from home for two straight weeks. San Francisco is an amazing ciy. I spent the weekend sightseeing... driving over the Golden Gate bridge in a convertible, lunch at Fisherman's Wharf, shopping at Ghirardelli Square, and going to see "Wicked". On Sunday I hiked Muir Woods with some friends from work. That was a thrill. There are no words to properly describe that forest. The redwoods, the smell of the pines, the coolness of the fresh, clean air, the quiet, peaceful trickle of a stream. Later that day, I had lunch in Sausalito, which was wonderful too. But even though I had a weekend of incredible experiences there was a sadness, an aloneness I felt that Griff and the boys weren't with me. The next week went by rather quickly and then I was back home in Alabama... tired, tired, tired. One week to catch up on work and... prepare for a week at DisneyWorld.

No comments:

Post a Comment