Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Mia!




On December 23, we celebrated Mia's second birthday. Over the past couple of weeks, she has started enjoying watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and so I decided to have a Minnie Mouse theme. We had the immediate family over, along with a couple of close friends who also have Chinese daughters. We had cake and ice cream and let her open her gifts. So many gifts!!! All day, I found myself thanking God for letting us make it to this day. I found myself thinking about Mia's birthmother and what feelings she must be dealing with on this day. I would give anything to have one conversation with her. To see her and to tell her that we are going to take care of this precious baby. I just wish she knew. I know she is beautiful... and I'd just love to see her. To thank her for this little gift that we are now raising as our own. What a great day we had. Just so thankful for Mia. Happy Birthday, baby girl.

Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment