Monday, December 27, 2010

Looking Back at 2010

Wow... what a year. In one sense, it has been a remarkably fast year, and then in other ways, it feels as if time has stood still for a while. This time last year, I was wishing to have a peek at this little girl we'd been matched with, anticipating a trip across the world, and counting days until we could go for her. The winter was spent finalizing paper work for the Chinese dossier, and the spring was about waiting. Waiting for approvals... Finally, summer came and we were able to make that journey to China and bring home our daughter. The fall was very challenging due to adjustment to four children, my own sickness, and job stresses. Then, it was Christmas. What a whirlwind of a year.

This was the best year of my life. Not so much because of Mia, though, she was an important part. It was much bigger than that. This year I learned many faith lessons. We took a leap of faith, ventured into something unknown, and we are better for it. God gave us courage this year, and it felt so good. Really good. I realized this year that this life of ours is to be used to bring glory to our God, and when we do that, He provides, He heals, He blesses, He favors. I am so imperfect, so messed up most of the time, but God has given me new vision, new hope in what lies ahead. I am learning to grasp the inconceivable concept of grace.

If you are reading this, you probably have prayed for us at some point this year and I thank you. Be courageous, be bold, and find your calling. Now, let's move on to 2011...

Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment