Monday, September 21, 2009

We are adopting!

Okay, everybody... hold on to your hat... Griff and I have decided to pursue infant adoption in China. I've "entertained" the idea for a long time... my parents even joked about it. However, it wasn't something that I thought we would actually do. I can only describe what has happened as a nudging of the Holy Spirit... a thought of a little girl that won't leave my head... a burden that won't let me rest. I started praying about it, asking God to confirm what I was thinking. I worried that this was something I was cooking up, and that this really wasn't God actually asking us to do it. As I readied myself to talk this over with Griff, I knew that he would be apprehensive. He thought it was a good idea too! I said, "Griff, can we do this? Can we raise four kids?" He said without hesitation, "Sure we can..." That kind of confidence can only come from a reassurance from God, the father. I know that this is something God is asking us to do and He proves that to me each day as this process of adoption begins. He is providing for needs, supplying encouragement through our friends and family, and reassuring my soul that this is His plan for us and for this orphaned child. The landscape of our family will be forever changed when she joins us. I do believe that God asks us all to minister to those who need love and protection and I hope that He will find us faithful in doing just that. It is my prayer that our children will be so greatly affected by this genuine act of love and faithfulness that they will be better husbands, better fathers, and better friends because of it. God never fails us.

This blog will be a diary of our journey... of our everyday lives between now and then... written proof of the miracle of what God will do through this event. I ask anyone reading this blog to remember us in prayer, that God will be glorified, that this baby will be protected, and that her parents be comforted. We thank you already... :)

" And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, " Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?", and then said I, "Here am I... send me". Isaiah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment