Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another week

Well, we had the last home study visit with our social worker this week. She is busy finishing up the typed part of the HS and we are now waiting to get the fingerprints and child abuse clearances back. On Wednesday, Griff and I met with our adoption agency to discuss aspects of the adoption like bonding/attachment and travel to China. It is so exciting to hear about the traveling because I know by that point we will be ecstatic to finally be getting close. I watch a youtube video about every other day to prep myself for what GOTCHA DAY will be like and I find myself swiping tears, so I know I will be a blubbering fool when someone hands Mia over to us. We did find out that as soon as our Home Study is complete, we can begin to match with a child. I'm hoping we get matched very soon. :)

Interesting fact: If only 6 % of the Christian population would adopt an orphan child, there would be no need for orphanages. All orphans would find a forever family. Wouldn't that be awesome?

1 comment:

  1. hey ashley! aunt sherry told me about your blog. so glad i can keep up w/ you since i'm anti-facebook. here's mine http://fashionistasjournal.blogspot.com/
    can't wait to meet sweet mia!
    love,
    holly

    ReplyDelete