Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Things are moving right along...

Today was a productive day. We had a second home visit with our social worker, Jennifer, today. It went well and we are trying to wind down this portion of the adoption process. There is still an enormous amount left to be done, but each day I'm able to check off something else from the list and that makes me so happy to know that we are one step closer to getting our Mia. I finished all of my Hague Convention Modules (YEAH!!!!), assigned readings, and written assignments for the Home Study. Griff is trying to get through his as well. He isn't extremely verbal, so answering essay questions is taxing for him. I have to give Griff credit though... he has been a real trooper through all of this. The needle phobic that he is gave five vials of blood for his physical, has traveled around with me everywhere getting forms, passports, etc. I had a thought the other day... adoption is somewhat like being pregnant... the first trimester is exhausting... and then there's the waiting. Continue to pray for Mia and for us... thanks, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment