Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh, Lord... what have I done?

Okay... I really shouldn't be so impulsive sometimes. Let me start from the beginning... Last summer I was taking some chemotherapy medications for my arthritis. One of the side effects... hair loss. Well, I wasn't working with a great head of hair to begin with. So, after a few months of the poison... guess what? Very thin hair. It's been very upsetting. Today I went for a routine hair cut with the intentions of getting some much needed highlights. Well, my sweet hairstylest, David, had another idea. Why don't we just cut it off into a pixie cut? Yeah... that sounds cool. Until... I saw what I thought was short hair become even shorter. I still haven't gotten over the shock of it yet. I cannot believe I have done this to myself. I told David today as he was cutting it that I was just glad we didn't have to shave it and order me a wig. That was an option a few months ago. So, anyway, the hair does look thicker, but it makes me look old. Okay, breathe, Ashley... it's just hair... and it WILL grow back.

Our social worker is hard at work on our home study and we have our last appointments scheduled for next week. We are coming, Mia... hold on, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment