Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another glimpse of our girl...


I sent another package to Mia last week. This package included pajamas, a blanket, a stuffed toy, and candy for the children. There is a lady in China that I order the items from and she has the package delivered to the orphanage. She is the same lady we used to send Mia's birthday cake and presents back in December. As part of the service, she works to get updates and new photos. Well, she was successful! The last time I saw a picture of Mia was January... so I am desperate for a peek at her! So, this morning I awoke to several more glimpses of our sweet, round-faced girl. In the updated informaton we learned that she is very tiny, weighing only 17 pounds fully clothed. She can walk by herself, is working on potty-training (this one surprised me), and is a good eater. She is still drinking from a bottle, which is very common in China. The Chinese aren't nearly as concerned about discontinuing the bottle as we are in the U.S. She enjoys adults playing with her and they still mention that she doesn't like furry toys, like the panda I sent her at Christmas. She can say a few words. The pictures weren't nearly as good quality-wise as the last ones, but at this point, I am so thrilled to have them, that I will take them gladly. I am thankful for the new updates and hopefully this will tide this anxious mama over for a few more weeks until we get our LOA. We are supposed to receive more update photos and information then. We shall see. I hope you enjoy the new pics. Please continue to say prayers for Mia, for the individual(s) who are working to approve our dossier, and for our family as we try to wait patiently for the day when we can bring Mia home.

No comments:

Post a Comment