Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Being Thankful

I always get excited about this time of year because I know that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. I am especially grateful for the holidays this year as it is a wonderful distractor to the fact that I want to go to China right this minute and get our little girl. We continue to wait for the shared list... any day now I am told.

Anyhoo... while we wait, I thought it would be a good idea to begin to name just a few of the thousands of things for which I am grateful.

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name." Psalm 100:3

I Am Thankful...
1. For the redemption I have through Christ Jesus.
2. For being born into a wonderful, loving family.
3. For a great, supportive husband.
4. For my three precious boys.
5. For the sweet little girl that waits on us in China.
6. For a strong church family at Meadowbrook Baptist.
7. For my health and the health of my family.
8. For a great job that has made such a difference for our family financially.
9. For friends... old and new.
10. For what God is teaching us right now about FAITH.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley. I live in Hueytown! Along with my husband and our 5 yr old grandson. I found you thru the Lucy Lane Blog. I too have been drawn to international adoption blogs. Don't know where it's leading me but we have started praying for the orphans in our nightly family prayer time. Small world! we also have family in you area!

    ReplyDelete