Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Still Waiting...

Well, we are still waiting for the shared list China posts once every month. The word from my agency is should be very soon... but that's it. There are many challenges with this whole process, with the main one being time zone differences. China is fourteen hours ahead of us, meaning that as I post this, China is already into Wednesday. While we sleep, they work, while we work, they sleep. So communication is tricky. I am addicted to the email and rumor boards and I slept very little last night. I've done eight loads of laundry and stayed so busy today that I didn't have too much time to think. But now, it's night time again, and I hope, hope, hope that China posts that list and we can find out who our little Mia is and where she is. It will make all this real to me... right now it feels like I'm pretending. This is without question the hardest thing I've ever endured... it is teaching me to deal with frustration, to learn more patience while waiting, and to trust that others do have your best interests at heart. These are all hard lessons, and we just happen to be learning them all at one time. I know God's plan is perfect, His time is flawless, and He's got this. I must trust that this is so. Please continue to pray for us as we wait, and for Lily in China who will ultimately match us with a little girl who will become part of our family forever. What a big task she has.

No comments:

Post a Comment