Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I get a Roll Tide?


For those of my blog friends that don't know, my family and I are BIG Alabama football fans. At times throughout any given year, I get the distinct feeling that I fall somewhere around #3 and #4 on my husband's priority lists... with Alabama football and recruiting, and golf ranking #1 and #2! We go to all of the home games in Tuscaloosa. We have so much fun tailgating with family and good friends and every summer I get so excited knowing that Saturdays in Tuscaloosa are right around the corner. The roar of the Tide fans in Bryant Denny Stadium is deafening and the Million Dollar Band gives me chillbumps when I hear the fight song. Cole has developed an intense love of Alabama sports in general, so going to the Rose Bowl is a dream come true for him. Griff was able to get two tickets and they flew to California early this morning. I know that this will be a lasting memory for Cole... getting to watch Alabama play at the Rose Bowl and hopefully witnessing them win the 13th National Championship. Anyway... today's photo of my sweet Cole at an October tailgate in 2006. He is so precious. Much love and... ROLL TIDE ROLL...

P.S... I hate to admit that chanting "Yellow Hammer" at the end of a victory is my favorite part... especially when we've just beaten Tennesee or LSU... :)

1 comment: