Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More updates from China!!!




First, I apologize to all my blog friends for no recent posts. I have been in a little bit of a "funk"... This whole adoption process is a roller-coaster ride mentally. I feel really up and then I feel really down. It's just hard knowing that I have a baby girl that needs a mama and a daddy and some sweet brothers and I can't get to her. That frustrates the heck out of me. Right now, to be honest, I don't feel like we're going to ever get there, even though I know we will. Another thing I'm struggling with is knowing that she is growing every day and we are missing it. That stinks... But, then my next thought is that God is controlling this situation and He has the timing worked out perfectly. I must wait... so, I've decided I will pray every time I feel frustrated and sad, I will pray for Mia, for the USCIS who is currently processing our paperwork, and for the nannies and workers at Shantou who are taking care of Mia right now. That will be enough. I was reading in Hebrews last night and I felt like God was talking to me even as I read...

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perserverence the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1-3

Griff and Cole are readying themselves for a trip to California on Thursday morning to watch our Crimson Tide play Texas. The weather gurus are predicting snow and I pray that they can arrive in California with no major delays... to say that they are cutting it close is an understatement as their plane lands five hours from kickoff... This makes me really nervous. Roll Tide!

So... on to why you've really visited...:) new updates from Shantou!!! Mia received our birthday box full of clothes and toys. In the pics, she is wearing an outfit my mom bought her. I sent a letter telling the nannies how much I loved hairbows and I thought it was sweet that they put one in her hair for the photos. She looks cute as ever and I miss her more and more. We got height and weight updates also... she's weighing in at a massive sixteen pounds and 27 inches long. A little ladybug she is. I hope you enjoy her new pictures as much as we have. Love to all of you and please keep praying for expediency in our paperwork process. God IS listening.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my STARS, she is an angel...how exciting to be getting pictures!!!! Hang in there...at least you have her picture and you can pray specifically!!!! I am praying for speed!!! Our first HS visit is Monday... a little nervous.Jennifer Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just a doll! I know how you feel about the whole paperwork nightmare. That sweet baby will be worth the wait! Thank you for your sweet comment about our TA! We are still hoping and praying to be on that airplane on 1/21/10.

    ReplyDelete