Friday, December 25, 2009

Birthday party pics!





It has been a great Christmas Day! We have visited with family, ate well, took some great naps, played with our new toys and things really couldn't have been much better... until... I opened email and found birthday party pics of Mia and her friends! We continue to be amazed at what a beautiful little baby girl she is and I cannot wait to get my arms around that sweet thing. The pictures continue to encourage me as I see people around her that appear to care for her, who are laughing and smiling with her, and other babies that also look well cared for. I am very thankful for every person in these photos because I know they are loving her until she can come home with us. Her cake was beautiful and we are still trying to identify some of these lovely fruits that we don't have access to here in the U.S. (or at least not in Gadsden, Alabama...LOL...) God continues to lift my spirits and I am so thankful. What a mighty God He is. May you all feel the love of our Saviour this Christmas Day. Love to you all.

"Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father." James 1:17

3 comments:

  1. Ashley~
    I cannot stop smiling at these pictures! Your little Mia looks so happy and it's obvious that she is loved by so many people. What a wonderful Christmas present! She is just a DOLL!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted a comment but it disappeared ! Mia is beautiful Ashley !!! What a great Christmas Present for you and your family !!! Yes, she looks like she is very loved !! Love that cake too and I chuckeled when I saw the tomatoes on there ! I know they are a fruit, but we never think of them as one ! Thank you so much for sharing her with us !!! I am so happy to be able to be a part of your journey in a small way !!! Lvs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I think in the middle of the cake is "star fruit" we ate it in china and it is shaped like a Star. Peaches, and green cherries and Im not sure if those are apples or not. There is another fruit that is white in the middle with black dots and its called leachy. I didnt notice it on Mia's cake, but you will see it alot when you get to China. Their desserts looks so awesome, but are a big disappointment when you eat them. We are so use to our sweets and theirs are very bland without much taste at all. The cake sure is pretty though and is probably the best to them !!!

    ReplyDelete