Monday, January 11, 2010

F is for Fun... T is for Tough...






Yesterday, our good friends Chris and Kelly Brown, invited us over to enjoy some sledding. Chris has set up a snow machine and blown in snow on his hilly backyard. So, an instant slope was made! My boys loved sliding down that hill... especially Nolan. I had fun watching them laugh and smile. Cole and Nolan rode together in a sled and Garrett did his thing solo... It was a great afternoon.

Later on, I was cooking dinner and Nolan came in the kitchen and said he had "somethin' sticky" in his hair. When I looked all I saw was a big patch of bloody hair. I tried not to overreact and said we'd wash it really good in the bathtub... as it looked then like a scratch that had bled. Well, fast forward to the bathtub... it was a gash on my baby's head. He had hit his head once when he slid off into the grass, but he didn't complain about it and jumped up and kept playing. So, it appears now, that he played all afternoon with that big gash in his head and didn't say anything because he was having so much fun. Needless to say we made a quick trip to the ER where our sweet friend, Dr. Echeverri, met us and stitched him up. He took it like a man. I was really proud of him for being so brave.

My friend Kelly was obiously upset that Nolan had hurt himself and all I could say was "But we sure did have fun!!!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment