Friday, January 29, 2010

Surprises from China



Hi everyone! I've been in Las Vegas attending a National Sales Meeting. I work as a medical representative for Genentech, a biologics pharmaceutical company. They are a very innovative, wonderful company to work for and they are so good to all of us. I am so thankful during these trying economical times for a job with such an amazing company. What a blessing this has been for my family. Anyway... I'll share a little more about that in another post. But, the good news is... we got new photos of Mia yesterday. A family from my adoption agency is in China now getting their baby girl. Their girl and Mia are in the same orphanage. When my friends visitied the orphanage on Thursday, the orphanage workers took pictures of Mia for us. My friend was really nice and emailed them to me almost immediately... despite the sixteen hour time difference. Mia continues to look beautiful, healthy, and happy. I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on that precious baby. I think I'm going to have to fight to be first between Griff and my mom. :)

Our dossier is being sent to the United States Consulate in Houston today and should be back to my agency by mid-week next week. It is my hope that we can get the dossier DHLd to China by end of next week. Not sure if that will happen, but we can hope and pray.

Ashley

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS>>>she looks like an angel:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mia is so precious, Ashley! BTW, if you will email me, I have a LWB donation update that has pictures of Mia in it. It was sent to me today. I will be glad to forward it to you, if you don't have it already. Our daughter is in foster care in Shantou.

    Becky Rigby
    brigby@ariver.com

    ReplyDelete