Tuesday, June 29, 2010

14 More Hours...


And I'm still not finished packing. We are leaving very early in the morning to begin the long journey to China. We will fly from Birmingham to Minneapolis, then to Tokyo, then to Hong Kong. We don't arrive in Hong Kong until Thursday, July 1 at 10:30 pm. We will lose thirteen hours, so our travel time will be somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty-six hours of travel. I travel a good bit with my job, but not internationally and NOT like this. I find airports to be the most miserable place on earth, honestly... People are in a hurry, they are tired, they are hungry, they are ready to get where they are going. So I am not looking forward to the next couple of days. Hong Kong... I am looking forward to. I can't wait to post pics of our stay there. Griff and I are looking forward to a little relaxation before we become the proud parents of Miss Mia. We are going over to my grandparents in a little while to enjoy some great Greek pizza (Griff's very favorite) before we leave home. Nana is on her way to stay with our boys, so they can stay in their beds in the morning, as we are leaving VERY early. For those of you that have followed our story from the beginning, I thank you. I am in disbelief that this is happening. I feel like I'm living in a dream. We have been blessed so much during this adoption process and we hope that you have considered what role you can play in the life of an orphan. Make the difference for one... love you all and I'll be talking to you next time from HONG KONG!!!!

Much love,

4 comments:

  1. Try to enjoy the flights and airports....truly. I found that our trips to China (and from actually) were more enjoyable if I tried to enjoy those trips, and soak up the people watching, learn about those traveling with us, and being relaxed about our trip.

    I will be praying for you all as you become parents to Miss Mia! :) I'm so excited for you, and remember, other than clothing outside the norm for Asian statures and medicines that we typically take and can find easily...you can find it ALL there. Trust me. :) Not to mention, you'll be at the Garden Hotel, so you can find most of those medicines too at the CanAm clinic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe the time has finally come! I have chill bumps just reading this post. It brings back such precious memories from 2005 and again just five months ago. Just relax, don't stress and enjoy every inconvenience China has to offer (which are many). I'm praying that Mia has a smooth transistion into her new family. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you!! Praying all goes safely and smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete