Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thanks again, Dr. E...

I just THOUGHT I was going to spend the weekend packing and getting ready to leave for China. Instead, I am sitting in Cole's hospital room blogging. Wow, what a weekend we've had. Cole began having stomach pain on Thursday evening late. At first, we thought he had pulled a muscle. By mid-afternoon Friday, he was having excruciating pain in his lower abdomen and we raced to the ER in our hometown. After some blood work and a CT scan, we discovered that Cole had an appendicitis. Well, Dr. E. to the rescue... AGAIN. If you'll remember back in February Nolan had to get some stiches in his head after a sledding accident and our sweet friend, Dr. E fixed him up. So Dr. E. removed Cole's appendix later Friday evening. We are so thankful to have such a talented and kind friend that just happens to be an awesome surgeon. He is such a blessing. Cole is struggling with soreness and pain, but I know that this will pass in a few days. We are hoping he'll get discharged tomorrow, so we can get him home and settled before we leave Wednesday. I am so thankful that this happened now, instead of when we were out of the country. I have enjoyed loving on my sweet Cole and he has been a great little patient. God had a reason He didn't want me home packing this weekend. I'm just going to have to trust that He will grant me the energy to get us ready to leave. And while I'm on that subject, did I mention that we are leaving in four days? Oh, my goodness... now for another sweet thought... we will meet Mia in one week. I can't believe it's finally here. Unbelievable. Please say some prayers for Cole's healing, for my sanity, and for that God will prepare Mia's little heart to bond to her new family. Thanks, everybody.

Much love,

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Ashley! You have been through a lot! I am sending you many good wishes for Cole's healing, your sanity and for Little Mia. I know how it feels to be torn by all your children. Shanna (waiting in China) will be my fourth, too. How lucky that it did happen while you were still home to tend to him. Good luck in the next four days. It will fly by.

    A fellow BAAS family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOps. Forgot to add my name, Linda
    And by "torn" I meant wanting and needing to meet all of their needs and only being one person. We love them each so much and adding more adds to the joy, and also the level of interaction, joys as well as sorrows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Ashley! Glad to hear Cole is doing better. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you guys. Can't wait to meet Mia.

    -Tanika

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 DAYS!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! SO EXCITED TO SEE LITTLE MIA IN YOUR ARMS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow, Glad Cole is doing better. Can't wait to see picture of Mia in your arms.

    Sincerely, Grace

    ReplyDelete