Saturday, June 19, 2010

What are you up to? Oh, not much...




That's a joke... Since my last post, we have shifted into high gear preparing for our June 30 exodus to China. Wow... and still a lot left to do.
Crazy expensive airfare tickets bought, money wired to China, medicine and supplies bought, planned the boys activities for our eighteen day absence, and now I've started the daunting task of packing for all of us. I am so thankful for our quick travel, but now I realize it would have been easier if we'd traveled during the school year. Since it's summer, I'm scheduling the boys' care around golf camp, Camp Bobby, Vacation Bible School, etc. Please say special prayers for Nana (Griff's mom), Gigi (my dad), and my sister, Allison. They have got their work cut out for them trying to schedule all these activities!!! Allison and my mom came over tonight to help me pack Mia's suitcase. It is coming in weighing 46 pounds... so let's just hope it doesn't get fatter before the trip! We spread everything out on my bed and all over the bedroom floor... this is the fun part, because I know we are getting close now. One month from today we will be home... that is a wonderful thought. I'm working for another seven days and then we leave, so I'm sure I'm going to be pulling a lot of late nights preparing for this trip. My main goal this week is to have quality time with my boys as this will be our last week without baby sister. I am already beginning to get anxious about the idea of leaving them for eighteen days. I have been away from them at the most twelve days, and I was about to go crazy then... so this trip will be longer. I am praying that God will give me the encouragement and comfort I need to get through this very important month for Mia and for them.

"I can do ALL things through Christ which strenthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Much love,

3 comments:

  1. So excited for y'all! We will be thinking and praying for you while you're gone!!! I love that bed full of clothes!!! It just makes me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I found on our first trip to get Katie was that even though I had been apart from the boys for 7-8 days, and that trip was 13, I didn't miss them nearly as much as when it was the 7 days. Why? I had a new little one to keep me busy, and the schedule? It's daunting with all the activities planned and needed things to get done. It truly does go by quickly.

    {HUG}

    Praying for you...and make sure you have phenegren/zofran, cipro/other antibiotic...and if you are prone to breathing issues, rescue inhaler. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley- I am so so excited for you! This part of this process is fun/scary/breathtaking/challenging and exciting all at the same time. God is ALWAYS faithful, and I cannot wait to see your family come together with sweet Mia. Hugs to you guys- just enjoy your boys for these last few days, and then GET ON THAT PLANE AND GET YOUR SWEET BABY!!

    ReplyDelete