Monday, July 5, 2010

An Orphan No More




Well, we have had an unbelievable day. The kind of day you cannot describe in words. We are sitting in our hotel room with our baby daughter and she is drinking a bottle. What a difference a day makes. We were united with Mia this afternoon at the Civil Affairs building here in Guangzhou. It was a hectic scene, with lots of other babies and children meeting their new families. Very loud, lots of crying, loud talking, and it was very, very hot. Mia cried for a little while, but was comforted when I took her and stood by a fan. I think she was just really hot. She is very quiet and has only grunted a few times, but we have had a few glimpses of smiles. When we left the Civil Affairs Building we went grocery shopping for diapers and formula. She liked the grocery store and was taking everything in. We bought her a new pair of shoes too. (The first of many I'm sure...:) ) She fell asleep shortly after getting back to the hotel. I woke her up a little while ago to feed her. She ate a good helping of pork congee and she now just finished a bottle. She is extremely tired and appears to be going back to sleep soon. We are all exhausted too. We were able to Skype with the boys, Nana, and Gigi just a little while ago and it was wonderful to see my boys. I am so missing them right now. We have to be ready early in the morning to go back to the Civil Affairs building for more paperwork and adoption interview. I will tell you more tomorrow after I've had a little sleep. Mia is beautiful and we are so thrilled to finally have her with us. Thank you for all of your prayers and I hope that you will continue to pray for her adjustment to her new family. Until tomorrow...

Ashley

9 comments:

  1. Thanks be to God! Mia is just beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD IS AWESOME, ISN'T HE?? CONGRATULATIONS, SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Ashley and Griff! We are so glad to see Mia finally in your arms. What a wonderful feeling it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mia is as beautiful as the first time I saw her pic ! Congrats and I cant wait to hear more of your journey and so glad I get to sit back and watch from the sidelines...Thank you for that ! Love you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is sooo good...she is absolutely angelic!! Praying for a smooth transition and lots of good bonding time...Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't stop looking at the pictures! I'm so glad that she is with her new mom and dad! Can't wait to see her!
    Love you,
    Christy Cardwell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mia is a little ANGEL! She looks so at home in both you and Griff's arms. Thank you again for inviting us all to experience your journey with you.

    Tanika

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pictures of you holding and kissing her brought tears to my eyes....

    ReplyDelete