Thursday, July 8, 2010

Two Steps Forward... Three Steps Back...





That is the name of the game right now. Mia woke up in a bad mood and it really didn't get any better all day. She is cutting four more teeth right now and she is cranky. She wants me to hold her 100% of the time. Today we visited Chen Lineage Hall and we had to put her in a stroller. Let's just say she screamed for 2 hours. It was terribly hot... almost unbearable so I know that compounded the problem. I asked the guides what they thought and then I began to understand what we are dealing with. R said, "You're baby is very beautiful and she probably dah favorite. The aunties at your daughter's orphanage hold babies all dah time..." She is special... very strong-willed." No kidding... two straight hours of crying. This explains a lot. I think back to the last picture we received of her in early June... sitting in the lap of a nanny. She always wants to hold things in both hands, but doesn't really know how to play with toys on the floor. She cannot walk well at all... because she probably was never given the chance or never needed to. She has been held in someone's arms for eighteen months. She is held to eat, held to get to sleep, held to entertain her. She has probably never sat in a high chair or a stroller for that matter, so this explains why she isn't liking it. Wow... she has had another sad, lifeless afternoon. She has just laid in my arms or on the bed... no smiles at all. Just stares. I am hoping tomorrow will be better. As for Chen's Lineage Hall, we enjoyed visiting it. We went to the Tea Room and learned about tea. We got to sample several kinds. We bought some called Oolong Tea, which is supposed to help you "lose your gain", according to R. LOL... Translation: helps you lose weight. I asked her... "So when I start losing all my gain, where can I get more?" Oh... that may be problem... maybe Atlanta... Funny. I bought Mia a beautiful tea set to give her for a special occasion. I love it and I hope she will someday. I wanted to thank all of you who are leaving comments... they make my day, honestly they do. Several of you mentioned getting a carrier for Mia... I have one... just entirely too hot for her and for me to strap her to me. Summer in South China is ridiculous! Please keep leaving me comments. I enjoy them so much. We thank you for all your prayers. We so appreciate them. Until tomorrow...

Much Love,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Ashley!! It's so hard to meet everyone of her needs, many of them you won't even know what they are!

    I remember the exhaustion feeling with Megan. She was almost 4 and couldn't walk without tripping over her own feet and falling! I carried her everywhere in the sling and I am only 92 lbs and under 5 ft!! I was sore all over, too. I felt like I was hit by a truck. here is a Link to that post on my blog. See if you can relate!
    http://simply-family.blogspot.com/2008/05/thursday-51508-100-pm.html

    It won't be much longer until you are home and can establish some routines. Don't be afraid to let her cry. She will adapt quickly if you are consistent.

    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete